Hi Everybody, I want to talk about weight loss.
Why weight loss? Because when we are overweight we not only look bad, we are setting the stage for many serious diseases, such as diabetes, hypertension, degenerative arthritis, Alzheimer's, premature aging, and cancers.
There are three conditions: you are losing, keeping, gaining weight. Any of them depend on the amount of calories that you consume, amount of physical activity that you have on daily basis, level of stress in your life. If you gaining weight you consume more calories then your body needs, if you losing weight -you diminish amount of calories stored as fat, if you keep your weight stable, you consume amount of calories that you really need. Also, your hereditary predisposition, presence of serious disease will affect this process.
When you are overweight or obese your body has more calories then it needed and excess of calories stored as fat tissue, this tissue has tendency to have chronic inflammation going on, sometimes it is subclinical process that can be detected only by blood test( C reactive protein-marker of chronic inflammation), some under the skin, some as a visceral fat , which is the worst case scenario- it will be metabolized by the liver and go straight to the blood as LDL-bad cholesterol, contribution to the cardiovascular disease, MI, stroke.
When you are overweight you probably eat too much of carbohydrates and your blood sugar level will be higher, your insulin will be manufactured by pancreas more frequently and insulin receptors will not sensitive to insulin with time, this will lead to condition called hyperinsulinemia, you cells will starve for glucose, it will lead to formation of type 2 diabetes, and later, as a result of it -premature aging. But we do not want to look and feel old! Let us lose weight!
I am going to do nutritional consultations where we will discuss what should be done individually in order to lose weight ,keep it , get rid of these unwanted pounds, detoxify your body and look and feel young.
SO, IFYOU WANT TO BE YOUNG FOR THE FIRST 100 YEARS, LET ME KNOW!
Here are Top 10 Traits of Successful Losers! ( We are talking about weight loss)
- They make aerobic exercises such as walking, swimming, jogging part of their DAILY LIFE. They realize that DAILY activity is absolutely critical to their success. They are committed to do it for the rest of their life.
- They naturally enjoy the exercises or make it enjoyable.
- They do not smoke.
- They are typically early raisers and do their exercises the first thing in the morning.
- They do not weight themselves every day.
- They have an incredible desire to lose weight and be healthy. But, they just do not talk about it, they do it- they walk the talk. They are willing to do what it takes to do in order to get where they want to be.
- They know that their weight loss will take time, they do not look for the short cuts.
- They realize that their body feels best when it on natural healthy stuff- fruits, veggies, whole grains.
- They prepare their own meals and usually bring their lunch to work.
- They do weight training 2-3 times /week to maintain muscle tonus and elevate metabolic rate.
They usually have big smile on their face! They know that it will be very tough sometimes, but they also know that they slowly but surely reaching their goals. That fells great!
GO FOR IT-YOU CAN DO IT!
My best wishes on this journey,
Dr. Natalie, weight loss specialist